Online Video Therapy & Counseling Chicago
Cityscape Counseling is pleased to offer the same level of specialist counseling expertise via online therapy from our licensed therapists.
We use safe and secure HIPAA compliant technology
Online therapy can be billed to your insurance company and coverage is usually the same as in-office visits. You may also use your HSA card to pay for session copays. We are in-network providers for:
Curious if you would benefit from online therapy at Cityscape Counseling?
- a resident of Illinois?
- seeking to improve your overall wellbeing and ability to manage stress?
- in need of coping skills to manage symptoms of anxiety, OCD, depression, eating concerns/disorders, body image issues, trauma, alcoholism/addictions/substance abuse, relationship challenges or work/school-life balance?
- have a preference for sessions in the comfort of your own home and to aid in social distancing efforts?
- worried about fitting therapy into your packed schedule and needing flexibility in terms of session days and times?
- have difficulty leaving your home due to illness or lack of child-care?
- seeking out the most convenient type of therapy that does not require taking public transport or paying for parking in the city?
- needing specialized therapy services not available in your area of Illinois?
If you answered yes to some of the above questions then you would likely be a great candidate for online therapy with our Chicago based licensed therapists.
Post the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic you will have the option of either continuing video sessions or coming to therapy in person at our downtown Chicago location or our Evanston office or our Northern suburban location. You will also have the option to pursue a combination of both video and in-person sessions.
What makes online therapy unique?
Your therapist will be able to interact with you in the context of your own home. This is relevant to the therapeutic process because when you are in your natural environment, you will likely present more authentically in your sessions which will facilitate more effective therapeutic work. Online therapy also allows your therapist to virtually support you as you practice some treatment interventions in the very environment that might be triggering you and the interventions can be more realistic than if you were only practicing them in an office setting.
What issues can we address using online therapy?
In terms of our practice specialties, we can address the same issues we would treat in the office setting. Our therapists use evidence based coping tools that will help you interact with your thoughts and emotions in a manner that will lessen their impact on your daily life and relationships, improve your ability to make positive behavioral changes and empower you to pursue your goals and values.
Our practice is known for providing specialty treatment in the following areas:
- Panic Attacks
- Eating disorders (Full Spectrum)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Addictions (Including Alcoholism and Substance Abuse)
- Relationship Difficulties
- Work/school Related Issues.
Our team consists of compassionate, licensed therapists with highly specialized training in the following
TYPES OF THERAPY:
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) for mood, anxiety, eating disorders & addictions
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) for mood, anxiety, eating disorders & addictions
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT) for mood, anxiety & eating disorders
- *Radically Open DBT (RO DBT) for perfectionism, treatment resistant depression, obsessive compulsive personality disorder and overcontrolled personality traits
- Exposure & Response Prevention (ERP) for OCD
- Prolonged Exposure (PE) for trauma
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT) for trauma
- Motivational Interviewing for addictions recovery
*INDIVIDUAL AND VIRTUAL GROUP THERAPY OPTIONS
How should you prepare for online therapy sessions?
At Cityscape Counseling we offer the option of conducting your therapy session either via a video platform or by phone, whatever you are most comfortable with. If you select to engage in therapy via video, your therapist will let you know which video platform they use before your first session (all our therapists use HIPAA compliant, safe and secure platforms that are free of charge for our clients to use – such as doxy.me, zoom pro etc). If you do choose video therapy, be sure that your laptop or tablet has an accessible camera and microphone. You will also want to ensure that you have a strong wifi connection and a private area where you can freely communicate.
To enhance privacy, you may want to use a headset or play white noise to sound proof your conversations if you are indoors. Otherwise it can be useful to sit in your car or find a quiet and safe outdoor area to have your session. You could also “walk and talk” which many clients report helps them clear their mind to be more intentional during their therapy conversations.
Are you ready to schedule your first online therapy session?
If you are interested in learning more about how we can help you, our wonderful intake coordinators will be happy to answer any further questions you may have and schedule you with one of our therapists who is best suited to addressing your needs. Our intake process is fully electronic and your health information is collected and stored in a secure online portal. Protection of your confidential health information is of the utmost importance to us. Our intake team will send you a unique link for you to create your own private login for our online portal. You will then be emailed all relevant information for your session. Additionally, our benefits team will be happy to provide an insurance coverage quote for your sessions ahead of time.